Barney Reynolds will participate in a panel discussion for UK FinTech Week exploring how regulators should balance trust and innovation in the fast-growing fintech sector. Trust vs Innovation: Finding the Regulatory Balance for a Strong FinTech Sector will take place on Tuesday 20th April at 9:30 AM BST. Panelists include:
- Barney Reynolds, Global Head of the Financial Services Industry Group, Shearman & Sterling
- Alex Roy, Head of Department – Consumer Distribution Policy area, FCA
- Clara Chiu, Director of Licensing and Head of Fintech Unit Intermediaries, Securities and Futures Commission
- Mark Adams, Senior Executive Leader, Strategic Intelligence, ASIC
- Luciano Brincat, Senior Manager – Strategy Policy & Innovation, Malta Financial Services Authority
- Kay Swinburne, Vice Chair of Financial Services, KPMG (moderator)
To attend the panel, please RSVP using this link.
After the hiccups of 2020, how have growth and innovation impacted consumer trust? From cryptocurrency to the definition of security, this panel will discuss how to balance trust and innovation in the fast-growing fintech sector.